In this chapter, we provide KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 6 The Sultans of Delhi for English medium students, Which will very helpful for every student in their exams. Students can download the latest KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 6 The Sultans of Delhi pdf, free KSEEB solutions for Class 7 SSocial Science Chapter 6 The Sultans of Delhi pdf download. Now you will get step by step solution to each question.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 6 The Sultans of Delhi
Class 7 Social Science The Sultans of Delhi Textbook Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate word:
- _______ was defeated by Prithviraj Chauhan in the first battle of Tarain.
- _______ was the capital built by Allauddin Khilji in Delhi.
- _______ defeated Ibrahim Lodi in the first battle of Panipat.
- Mohammad Ghori
II. Answer the following questions in a sentence each:
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science Chapter 6 Question 1.
Whom did Mohammed Ghori defeat in the second battle of Tarain?
Mohammad Ghori defeated the Rajput king Prithviraj Chauhan in the II Battle of Tarain.
The Sultans Of Delhi Class 7 Notes Question 2.
Who built Qutub Minar?
Qutub – Ud – Dn Aibak started constructing the Qutub Minar and later it was completed by Sultan Iltumish.
The Sultans Of Delhi Class 7 KSEEB Question 3.
Who was the only woman ruler of the Delhi Sultanate?
The only female ruler during the sultanate period was Raziya.
The Sultan Of Delhi Question Answer Question 4.
Who was the commander-in-chief sent by Allauddin Khilji to conquer South India?
Malik Kafur was the Commander-in-chief sent by Allauddin Khilji to conquer south India.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Science Chapter 6 Question 5.
From where did Mohammad-bin- Tughlaq shift his capital to?
Mohammad Bin Tughlaq shifted his capital from Delhi to Devagiri.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science Question 6.
Which Sultan declared himself as, ‘The Representative of God’?
Balban declared himself as the representative of God.
III. Discuss in groups and answer:
The Sultans Of Delhi Class 7 Questions And Answers Question 1.
What were the results of Mohammad Ghazni’s invasions?
The Arabs were the first to invade the Indian territories. Three centuries, later, Mohammed Ghazori of Turkish origin invaded India. Mohammed was the sultan of Ghazni, a small kingdom in Afghanistan He invaded India seventeen times, looting and destroying prosperous cities and wealthy temples. Among such temples included Sri Krishna temple at Mathura and the rich and sacred temple of Somanath.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science The Sultans Of Delhi Question 2.
Name the dynasties of Delhi Sultanate?
The slave Dynasty, the Khilji dynasty, the Tughlaq Dynasty, the Sayyid, and the Lodi Dynasty are the dynasties of Delhi Sultans.
The Sultans Of Delhi Question Answer Question 3.
State the achievements of Qutubuddin Aibak.
Qutub – Ud – Din was the first sultan of Delhi.
- He strengthened the Turkish rule in India by defeating his enemies.
- To mark his victory he started constructing Qutub Minar at Mehrauli near Delhi.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 6 Social Science Question 4.
State the policies of Allauddin Khilji.
Allauddin introduced several reforms in administrative, military, and economic fields. He regulated the price of goods commonly consumed. He banned the consumption of liquor and gambling in ‘Delhi. The guilty’ were severely punished. Allauddin aspired to conquer entire India with the huge army he invaded the 4 major kingdoms of South India and looted wealth.
The Sultans Of Delhi Class 7 Question 5.
Explain the experiments of Mohammad bin Tughlaq?
Mohammed bin Tughalak was the most notable sultan of the Tugalaq dynasty. He was imprudent and ill-fempered who took hasty decisions.
To improve the functioning of the administration, He shifted his capital from Delhi to Devagiri and renamed in Daulatabad. He passed strict orders that all the residents of Delhi move to their places and they were put in trouble. They force to leave the home and properly many of them died. After shifting that he realized the mistake again he ordered reshifting of the capital.
Another reform of Mohammed, he issued bronze coins instead of silver coins. But he failed to pass order that the only the government had the authority to mint. Consequently, all people began to mint copper coins. This resulted in the devaluation of coins. He was deceived by the people. This proved a great failure and weakened the economic condition.
7th Social Science Notes Question 6.
What were the contributions of the Delhi Sultans to architecture and literature?
- The main structures built by the sultans were the famous Qutub Minar, Alai Darwaza, Quwwat – ul – Islam mosque, and the fort of Siri, all in Delhi.
- During the sultanate period, the Urdu language evolved.
- Amir Khusrau and Amir Hasan were great Persian poets of this period.
- The poet Jayasi wrote ‘Padmavat’ in Urdu which was a Sufi poem.
- Ramananda, Kabirdas, Raidas, and Meerabi belonged to this period.
IV. Match the items in column ‘A’ with those of column ‘B’:
|1. Jayasi||a. Alai Darwaza|
|2. Daulatabad||b. Sitar|
|3. Allauddin Khilji||c. Padmavat|
|4. Amir Khusrao||d. Devagiri|
Class 7 Social Science The Sultans of Delhi Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- The Arabs invaded _______ in 712 CE.
- In the First Battle of Tarian Prithviraj Chauhan defeated _______.
- The Qutub Minar was completed by Sultan _______.
- Malik Kafur, out of greed for power killed _______ and declared himself as sultan.
- Malik Kafur, continuing his military march, proceeded upto_______.
- Mohammad Ghori
- Alla – Ud – Din Khilji
II. Match the following:
|1. Mohammad Ghazni||a. Defeated Prithviraj Chauhan|
|2. Mohammad Ghori||b. Plundered somnath temple|
|3. Mohammad bin Tughlaq||c. Persian poet|
|4. Amir Hasan||d. Issue of token of coins|
|5. Amir Khusrao||e. Evolved musical instruments like table and sitar|
III. Answer the following questions in a sentence each:
KSEEB 7th Social Science Solution Question 1.
Why did the foreigners invade India?
The invasions from the northwestern borders of India aimed at looting the wealth, acquiring territories, and spreading Islam.
The Sultans Of Delhi Class 7 Notes KSEEB Question 2.
Name the provinces conquered by the Arabs in India.
The Arabs conquered Sindh and Multan.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Science Question 3.
Who was Mohammad Ghazni?
Mohammad was the sultan of Ghazni a small kingdom in Afghanistan.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 6 Social Science Chapter 7 Question 4.
Who was the last ruler of the Lodi dynasty?
Ibrahim Lodi was the last ruler of the Lodi dynasty.
IV. Answer the following questions in two or three sentences each:
7th Standard Social Science Notes In English Question 1.
Between whom were the two battles of Tarain fought? Who won?
- The first battle of Tarain was fought between Mohammad Ghori and Prithviraj Chauhan in 1191.
- The second battle of Tarain was fought between them only in 1192. In the first battle, Prithviraj Chauhan won and in the second battle, Mohammad Ghori won.
7th Standard Social Science Notes In Kannada Medium Question 2.
To whom did Mohammad Ghori transfer the conquered territories?
- After the Battle of Tarian, Delhi came under the control of Mohammad Ghori.
- Before returning to Afghanistan he transferred the conquered territories to his general by name Qutub – Ud – Din Aibak who started ruling as the Sultan of Delhi.
KSEEB 7th Social Solutions Question 3.
Name the four major kingdoms of South India.
conquered by Malik Katur
The kingdoms conquered by Malik Kafur were the Yadavas of Maharashtra (Devagiri), the Kakatiyas of Andhra (Warangal), the Hoysalas of Karnataka (Dwarasamudra), and the Pandyas of Tamilnadu (Madurai).
7th Class Social 6th Lesson Questions And Answers Question 4.
Describe the last days of Alla – ud – Din Khilji.
Alla – ud – Din’s last days were tragic.
- There were several revolts in the palace to overthrow him.
- Finally, Malif Kafur, out of greed for power, killed his master and declared himself as a sultan.
The Delhi Sultans Class 7 Questions And Answers Question 5.
Why did Mohammad bin Tughlaq shift his capital?
- Mohammad bin Tughlaq wanted to improve the functioning of the administration.
- He was of the view that the capital should be centrally located.
The Delhi Sultanate Class 7 Notes Question 6.
Describe the administration under the Delhi Sultans.
- Although the Hindus formed the majority under the sultanate, the administration functioned on Islamic lines.
- The army formed the backbone of the state. The sultans were absolute.
- The burden of land revenue heavily fell on the peasants.
7th Standard Social Science Notes Question 7.
Describe the economy under the Delhi Sultans.
- Weaving was a major occupation of the people.
- The cities provided employment to a large number of workers on account of brisk building.
- The sultans were mainly importing horses.
V. Choose the correct option and fill in the blanks:
1. Mohammad Ghori appointed _______ to look after his Indian domains.
b) Alla – ud – Din
c) Qutub – ud – Din
c) Qutub – ud – Din
2. _______ laid the foundation for the Muslim rule in India.
a) Muhammad – Bin – Qasim
b) Mahmud Ghazni
c) Khizr khan
d) Mohammad Ghori
d) Mohammad Ghori
3. _______ got the Qutub Minar completed.
4. _______ patronised Amir Khusrau
a) Alla – ud – Din
b) Ghiyas – ud – Din
c) Jalal – ud – Din
d) Qutub – ud – Din
a) All – ud – Din
5. Quwwat – ul – Islam mosque is in _______.
6. During the sultanate period _______ language evolved.
All Subject KSEEB Solutions For Class 7
I think you got complete solutions for this chapter. If You have any queries regarding this chapter, please comment on the below section our subject teacher will answer you. We tried our best to give complete solutions so you got good marks in your exam.
If these solutions have helped you, you can also share kseebsolutionsfor.com to your friends.
Best of Luck!!