In this chapter, we provide KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 3 Bhakthi Cult and Sufi Heritage for English medium students, Which will very helpful for every student in their exams. Students can download the latest KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 3 Bhakthi Cult and Sufi Heritagee pdf, free KSEEB solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 3 Bhakthi Cult and Sufi Heritage pdf download. Now you will get step by step solution to each question.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 3 Bhakthi Cult and Sufi Heritage
Class 7 Social Science Bhakthi Cult and Sufi Heritage Textbook Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable words:
- _______is the pen name of Akkamahadevi.
- Purandaradasa was in the court of ______.
- Adikeshava is the pen name of ______.
- Kabir of Karnataka is ______.
- Chaithanva’s first name is ______.
- Sufi saint Khwaja Bande Nawaj’s other name is ______.
- Shishunala sheriffa
II. Answer the following questions in one sentence each:
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science Chapter 3 Question 1.
What is the original name of Aandal ?
Aandal’s original name was Godadevi.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science Question 2.
Where was Akkamahadevi born ?
Akkamahadevi was born in Uduthadi of Shivamoga district.
Bhakti Cult And Sufi Heritage Notes Question 3.
Who is Karnataka Sangeetha Pithamaha?
Karnataka Sangeetha Pithamaha was purandara Dasa (Father of Carnatic music).
Bhakthi Cult And Sufi Heritage Class 7 Notes Question 4.
Name Kanakadasa’s parents?
Kanakadasa parents were Beerappa and Bachamma.
Bhakthi Cult And Sufi Heritage Question Answer Question 5.
Which is the sacred book of Sikhs?
Granth Sahib is the sacred book of Sikhs.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Question 6.
Who is called a Radha of Kaliyuga?
Meerabai is called as Radha of Kaliyuga.
Bhakti Cult And Sufi Heritage Question Answer Question 7.
What is the meaning of the word ’Sufi’?
The word Sufi comes from the word ‘Saaf’ which means clean and clear.
Bhakti Cult And Sufi Heritage Question And Answers Question 8.
Name Sufi saints of India?
Nizamuddin Auliya, Bande Nawaz, Moinuddin Chisti, and Salim Chisti are some of the Sufi saints of India.
Bhakthi Cult And Sufi Heritage Class 7 Question 9.
Who was the founder of the Chishti cult?
Moinuddin Chisti was the founder of the Chisti cult.
Bhakthi Cult And Sufi Heritage Lesson Question Answer Question 10.
Who is the first Kannada Muslim poet?
Shishunala Sharifa was the first Kannada Muslim poet.
III. Answer the following questions in Two or Three sentences each :
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Question 1.
Write the message of Kabirdas?
- Kabirdasa tried to bring Hindu – Muslim unity.
- He condemened caste system, luxurious life and discrimination based on religion.
- He described Hindu and Muslims as pots of same clay. He said that Allah and Rama are the two names of one God.
- According to him, it is not possible to see God by fasting, torturing the body, sacred pilgrimages. It is possible only by sacred devotion.
7th Standard Social Science Notes Question 2.
List the teaching of Gurunanak?
- Gurunanak is the founder of Sikh religion. Sikh cult has given importance for Japa and good deeds.
- He stressed on gender equality.
- He proclaimed that God is one and eternal one can gain Guru through Bhakthi and with Bhakthi one can attain mukthi.
- He opposed social evils like Idol worshipping, casteism, Sati system etc..
KSEEB Solutions Class 7 Social Science Question 3.
What are the influences of Bhakthi cult?
- Bhakthi saints created harmony between Hindu and Muslims.
- Bhakthi saints wrote in simple common man’s language. This enriched the languages of the common man.
Bhakthi Cult And Sufi Heritage Question And Answer Question 4.
Summarise the essence of the Sufi cult?
- God is one. He is powerful. We are all his children.
- This encouraged good deeds.
- It proclaimed that all are equal.
- They opposed the caste system.
- Dharma means love, service to mankind.
IV. Match the following:
|1. Gurunanak||a. Sufi Saint|
|2. Chaithanya||b. Sikh religion|
|3. Nizamuddin Aulia||c. Radha of Kaliyuga|
|4. Meerabai||d. Harekrishna cult|
Class 7 Social Science Bhakthi Cult and Sufi Heritage Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- Vishnuchitha was an Alwar and they were also called ______.
- Aandal’s father made flower garlands and offered it to Krishna temple of ______.
- ______.claimed Channa mallikarjuna himself to be her husband.
- Akkamahadevi stayed at ______ in Kalyana for some time.
- Purandaradasa was born in ______.
- Anubhava Mantapa
II. Match the following:
|1. Aandal||a. Guru Govinda Bhatta|
|2. Akkamahadevi||b. Kannada dasa literature|
|3. Purandaradasa||c. Devotee of Shiva|
|4. Shishnala Sharifa||d. Devotee of Krishna|
III. Answer the following questions in a sentence each:
KSEEB 7th Social Science Solution Question 1.
What was the belief prevalent in Indian society during the medieval period?
The medieval society was under the impression that the common people were not eligible for moksha.
KSEEB Solutions Social Science Class 7 Question 2.
Who was Aandal?
Aandal was one among the twelve Alwars, the Vishnu devotees of Tamilnadu.
KSEEB Solutions 7th Standard Social Science Question 3.
Who was Akkamahadevi?
Akkamahadevi was an enterprising woman in the Vachana movement of the twelfth century.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7th Social Science Question 4.
Who was Akkamahadevi married to?
Akkamahadevi was forcibly married to king Koushika by her parents.
KSEEB Solutions 7th Social Science Question 5.
Where did Akkamahadevi spend her last days?
Akkamahadevi left Kalyana and spent the last few years in the Kadali forest of Srishaila.
Bhakti Cult And Sufi Heritage Class 7 Question 6.
What was the original name of Purandaradasa?
His original name was Srinivasa Nayaka.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7th Social Question 7.
Who was Kanakadasa?
Kanakadasa was one of the famous Keerthanakaras of Dasa literature.
7th Class Social 3rd Lesson Questions And Answers Question 8.
Why was Thimappa came to be known as Kanakanayaka?
It is said that he found a potful of gold and came to be known as Kanaka nayaka.
7th Standard Social Science Notes In English Question 9.
What is the pen name of Kanakadasa?
Kanakadasa has composed many Kirthanas with a pen name Adikeshava.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Kannada Question 10.
Why did Meerabai leave the palace?
Meerabai left the palace because her mother-in-law opposed her worshipping Lord Krishna.
IV. Answer the following questions in two or three sentences each:
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7th Questions 1.
What were the beliefs of the Alwars ?
- According to Alwars all Vishnu devotees are equal and their birth should not be questioned.
- Caste discrimination is a criminal offense, they believed.
7th Standard Social Science Notes In Kannada Question 2.
What is Kanakana kindi ?
The priests of Udupi temple stopped Kanaka from entering the temple. Lord Krishna pleased by his devotion turned his face towards west for Kanaka. This was named as Kanakana Kindi.
Social Notes 7th Standard Question 3.
Describe the life led by Nizamuddin Auliya?
- He lived in Delhi and lived a life of poverty
- Masjid with a thatched roof was his centre of activity.
- He refused the village gifted by the sultan of Delhi.
- He peached his devotees to practice good qualities and kindness.
KSEEB Solutions For 7th Class Question 4.
What are the main feature of Moyinuddin Chirthi’s teachings?
- Devotion towards God, service to Guru, good life are the main features of Chisthi followers.
- He had concern for the harmony of Hindu and Muslims. He wrote in Dakani (Urdu) language.
V. Answer the following questions in three to four sentence each:
Bhakthi Cult And Sufi Heritage 7th Class Question 1.
Describe the life and teachings of Purandaradasa?
The original name of Purandaradasa was Srinivasa Nayak
- He was a miser and an atheist. Once he was tested by God and failed in that.
- He distributed all his wealth to the needy people and spent the rest of his life in the thought of God.
- He travelled to many places, singing Keerthanas. We can see humaneness in all his songs.
- He condemned the caste system.
7th Standard Social Science Textbook Karnataka Question 2.
What are the teachings of the Bhakthi cult?
- Bhakthi cult condemned discrimination. It preached equality.
- The saints of Bhakthi cult opposed and condemned the superstitious practice.
- They undertook the task of uniting people.
- According to Sufi saints, dharma is love and service to mankind. God is one, not many they preached.
7th Standard Social Science Question Answer Question 3.
Describe the life and teachings of Shishunala Sharifa?
Shishunala Sharifa is known as Kabira of Karnataka.
- He studied both Hindu and Islamic religion in his childhood.
- Later he passed his Mulki exams and served as a teacher sometimes.
- He took Deeksha from Govindabhatta and wrote many Thathvapadas.
- In his poems, one can find Rewayath (Moharam’s words).
7th Standard Social Science Textbook Karnataka Pdf Question 4.
Describe the work and teachings of Tulsidas?
Tulsidas was the first to support Bhakthi marga in North India.
- He wrote ‘Ramacharitha Manasa’, which became famous as ‘Tulsi Ramayana’.
- He sowed devotion, pure life, love, affection, patience, generosity among the people.
Karnataka State Syllabus For Class 7 Social Science Question 5.
Describe the life of Meerabai?
- Meerabai was born in a Rajput family in Rajasthan.
- She was the daughter of Raja Rathan Singh
- She was married to the prince of Mewar.
- She spent her time in offering puja, meditation, and singing.
- Her mother-in-law opposed her worshipping Lord Krishna, so she left the palace and went to Brindavan. Her songs are full of love and devotion.
What are the teachings of Chaithanya?
Chaithanya left his family life and took sanyasa at the age of 25.
- He rejected Casteism.
- Bhakthi is the only way to attain Mukthi.
- He said that universal love is the first step towards God.
- Love, Brotherhood, and generosity are the essence of his teachings.
VI. Choose the correct option and fill in the blanks:
1. The founder of the Sufi movement in India was ______.
a) Garib Nawaz
b) Moyinuddin Chisthi
c) Salim Chisthi
d) Malik Muhammad
b) Moyinuddin Chisthi
2. Tulasidas wrote Ramacharithamanasa in ______.
3. Guru Nanak’s teachings and verses were known as ______.
b) Sahitya Lahari
c) Vinay Patrika
d) Sur Suravali
4. Meerabai was born in the royal family of ______.
5. ______ was respected by the king Firoz Shah.
a) Nizamuddin Auliya
b) Bande Nawaz
c) Salim Chisthi
d) Moyinuddin Chisthi
b) Bande Nawaz
All Subject KSEEB Solutions For Class 7
I think you got complete solutions for this chapter. If You have any queries regarding this chapter, please comment on the below section our subject teacher will answer you. We tried our best to give complete solutions so you got good marks in your exam.
If these solutions have helped you, you can also share kseebsolutionsfor.com to your friends.
Best of Luck!!