In this chapter, we provide KSEEB Solutions for Class 6 KSEEB Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 9 The Living Organisms and their Surroundings for English medium students, Which will very helpful for every student in their exams. Students can download the latest KSEEB Solutions for Class 6 KSEEB Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 9 The Living Organisms and their Surroundings pdf, free KSEEB solutions for Class 6 KSEEB Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 9 The Living Organisms and their Surroundings book pdf download. Now you will get step by step solution to each question.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 6 Science Chapter 9 The Living Organisms and their Surroundings
Class 6 Science The Living Organisms and their Surroundings NCERT Textbook Questions and Answers
What is habitat ?
The surrounding where (plants and animals) lives is called their its habitat or living organisms.
How are cactus adapted to survive in a desert ?
Adaption to survive in a desert.
- Leaves are modified into spines which prevent the loss of water.
- Stem is modified into leaf like structures which store water and perform photosynthesis.
- Stem are spongy and have waxy coating which prevent transpiration.
- Roots are deep which can access water from depths.
Fill up the blanks:
a) The presence of specific features, which enable a plant or an animal to live in a particular habitat is called Adaption
b) The habitats of the plants and animals that live in water are called Aquatic habitat.
c) The habitats of the plants and animals that live on land are called Terrestrial habitat.
d) Soil, water and air are the Abiotic factors of a habitat.
e) Changes in our surrounding that make us respond to them are called Stimuli
Which of the things in the following list are non living ?
Plough, mushroom, sweing machine, Radio, boat, water hyacinth, Earthworm. Plough, Sewing machine, Radio, Boat.
Give an example of a non-living thing, which shows any two characteristics of living things.
Car is an example of a non living things which shows two characteristics of living thing:
- Shows motion
- Creates sound
Which of the non living things listed below, were once part of a living thing?Butter, Leather, Soil, Wool, Electric bulb, Cooking oil, Salt, Apple, Rubber.
Butter, Leather, Wool, Cooking oil, Salt, Apple.
List the common characteristics of the living things.
- It shows growth
- Needs nutrition
- It reproduce
- It responds to stimuli
- It respires
Explain, why speed is important for survival in the grasslands for animals that live there (Hint: There are few trees or places for animals to hide in grassland habitates)
Speed is important for survival in the grasslands for animals that live there because it helps them to escape from predators. In grasslands, there are very less number of suitable places available there where animals can hide, so speed helps them in escaping from their predators.
Class 6 Science The Living Organisms and their Surroundings Additional Important Questions and Answers
In the sea, plants and animals are surrounded by ___ water.
The surroundings where organisms live is called a
In cactus plants, the leafy Like structure in actual is a ____
Sea animals like dolphins and whales breathe through ___
c) Blow holes
c) Blow holes
Breathing activity is a part of which of the following bio-chemical process.
The presence of specific features and habits, which enable a plant or an animal to live in a particular habitat is called ___
Which of the following is an abiotic component.
The habitats of the plants and animals that live on land are called ____ habitat
Which one of the following in not a predator
II. Fill in the blanks
1) Ostrich egg is the biggest cell in nature.
2) Gills are the respiratory organs of fish.
3) Frogs have Webbed feet which help them swim in water.
4) A Chicken hatched from an egg, grows into a hen or cock.
5) Animals which eat both plants and flesh are called Omnivores
II. Answer the following questions
Name a few habitates.
Forests, grass land, mountains, ponds and ocean etc.
Name some plants found on mountains
Oaks, pines and deodars.
Name two example of aerial habitat animals.
Birds and Mosquitoes
What do you mean by germination of seeds ?
The beginning of a new plant from the seeds is called is called germination.
What are predators ?
The animals which kill other animals for their food are called predators.
What is a prey ?
The animal which killed by predators for their food are called prey.
What are blow holes ?
The organs by which dolphin or whales breathe are called blow holes or nostrils.
What do you mean by the term adaptation ?
The presence of specific features or certain habits which enable a plant or an animal to five in its surrounding is called adaptation.
Explain the features of fish which help it to adopt to live in water.
- The shape of the fish is streamlined which help in the movement.
- The slippery scales / skin on their bodies protect them.
- They have flat fins and tails which help them to swim, change direction and to keep the body balanced.
- They have gills which help in breathing in water.
Why do we need abiotic factors ?
The abiotic factors like air, water, light and heat are very important for the growth of plants these abiotic factors are also very important for the growth and the develpoment of animals.
Explain the adaptation of animals to live in mountain region.
- The animals have thick skin or fur to protect them from the cold.
- Some animals have thick fur on their body, feet and toes which protect them from cold while walking on the snow.
- The goats have strong hooves for years.
What kind of movement do we see in plants ?
- Opening and closing of a flower.
- Growth of a stem and leaves.
- Movement of water, minerals and food
- The stems become thick, flat and green from one part of the plant to other.
- Movement of stem towards sunlight and root towards water in the soil.
Does adaptation takes place in a short time?
No, adaptation does not take place in a short time, It takes place for thousands of years.
Write the features of desert plants.
- The leaves in desert plants are either absent or very small.
- Leaves are converted into spines which help to reduce loss of water.
- The stems become thick, flat and green which help in photosynthesis.
- The stem is covered with waxy layer which helps to retain water. In some plants stem is spongy and stores water.
- The roots go very deep in the soil to absorb water.
Write the difference between living and non living things.
|Living things||Non-living things|
|1) Living organisms need food, air and water. air and water.||1) Non living things do not need food, air and water|
|2) Living organisms grow.||2) Non living things do not grow.|
|3) Living organisms can move on their own.||3) Non living things cannot move on their own.|
|4) Living organisms reproduce themselves.||4) Non living things do not reproduce.|
|5) Living organisms respire. They release energy from food.||5) Non living things do not respire.|
|6) Living organisms excrete. They get ride of waste materials from their from their body.||6) Non living things do not excrete waste from their body.|
|7) Living things are made up living things.||7) Non living things are not made up of cells.|
All Chapter KSEEB Solutions For Class 6 Science
All Subject KSEEB Solutions For Class 6
I think you got complete solutions for this chapter. If You have any queries regarding this chapter, please comment on the below section our subject teacher will answer you. We tried our best to give complete solutions so you got good marks in your exam.
If these solutions have helped you, you can also share kseebsolutionsfor.com to your friends.
Best of Luck!!