In this chapter, we provide KSEEB SSLC Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 6 The First War of Indian Independence (1857) for English medium students, Which will very helpful for every student in their exams. Students can download the latest KSEEB SSLC Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 6 The First War of Indian Independence (1857) pdf, free KSEEB SSLC Class 10 History SolutionsChapter 6 The First War of Indian Independence (1857) pdf download. Now you will get step by step solution to each question.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 6 The First War of Indian Independence (1857)
Class 10 Social Science The First War of Indian Independence (1857) Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable answers :
The First War Of Indian Independence 1857 Notes Question 1.
The Mutiny of 1857 was called as …………. by the British historians.
The First War Of Indian Independence Notes Question 2.
The policy implemented by Dalhousie is …………
Doctrine of policy.
The First War Of Indian Independence 1857 Class 10 Question 3.
During the mutiny of 1857, …………. killed a British officer.
The First War Of Independence 1857 10 Notes Question 4.
Jhansi Rani took over ……….. from the British during her war against them.
Discuss in groups and answer the following questions :
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science Question 1.
What were the results of the ‘Doctrine of Lapse? Discuss.
Lord Dalhousie introduced Doctrine of Lapse. The effects of this policy were:
- Many kingdoms lost their rights due to this policy. 2. Satara, Jaipur, Jhansi, Udaipur and other kingdoms came under the British control.
- Dalhousie canceled the princely titles of the Nawab of Tanjore and Carnatic kingdoms. 3. The Moghul Sultan, the Nawab of Oudh and other kings were thrown out of their kingly status. 4. Thousands of soldiers dependent on these kings became unemployed.
The First War Of Indian Independence Class 10 Notes Question 2.
How did the economic policies result in the mutiny of 1857? Explain.
- Due to the development of industrialization in England, the Indian handicrafts and industries diminished.
- The artisans of India became unemployed
- The w eavers became the first victims as w’ool and cloth-making industries suffered a lot
- The Indian handicrafts became financially pathetic.
- Due Zamindaru system, the farmers were exploited by Zamindars.
- Land tax collection rights awarded to Talukadars were withdrawn.
- By forming Inam commissions, Inam lands were also withdrawn.
- As result, the farmers had to undergo lot of economic hardships and felt insulted.
- Hence, the farmers also protested all these.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Question 3.
What were the issues that outraged the religious feelings of the Soldiers?
The factors that disturbed the religious sentiment of soldiers were:
- The soldiers in the British army were being given new rifles called Royal Enfield. The cartridge used in the rifles were greased with the fat of cow and pigs. The soldiers had to pull the safety catch with the help of their teeth. But, it was impossible for both the Hindu and Muslim soldiers, because cow was sacred for the Hindus, while pig was blasphemous for Muslims. This factor disturbed the religious sentiments for both religions.
- Another factor that disturbed the Indian religious sentiment, was that the soldiers were forced to cross the oceans to serve on foreign land.
First War Of Independence 1857 Notes Question 4.
What were the immediate causes for the First War of Indian Independence?
The immediate causes for the First War of Independence were:
- A rumour spread among the soldiers that the cartridges used in the rifles were greased with the fat of cow and pigs. Cows were sacred to the Hindus, whereas pigs were blasphemous for Muslims. This incident became the immediate for the war.
- The rumour spread to Barackpur soldiers, which resulted in severe dissatisfaction.
- When the British officers ordered the soldiers to use the rifles by biting the cartridges, they refused to do so.
- An Indian soldier named as Mangal Pandey killed a British Officer. Soon he was arrested by the British, tried and hanged to death. This was also an immediate cause for the First War of Independence.
The First Freedom Struggle Of 1857 Class 10th Notes Question 5.
List out the reasons that led to the failure of the mutiny.
The reasons for revolt were:
- It did not cover every part of India.
- It was mainly concentrated on the issues of the rights of kings and Queens rather than liberation of the country.
- The unity among the British and the disunity among the Indian soldiers resulted in its failure,
- The mutiny lacked direction and leadership.
- The soldiers also lacked discipline and organizing skills.
- The Indian soldiers lacked military strategies.planning capabilities and soldering skills. –
- The freedom fighters lacked a definite aim.
- Many of the Indian kings extended their loyalties to the British and did not support the freedom fighters.
- The plundering and other crimes committed by the Sepoys made them to lose the faith of common people.
The First War Of Indian Independence 1857 Notes Pdf Question 6.
What was the main aspect of the declaration of the British Queen?
The features of the declaration of the British Queen in 1857 are
- Accepting the agreements made by the East India Company.
- Giving up the ambitious expansion plans made by the British.
- Providing a stable government for Indians.
- Treating everyone equally before law.
- Exhibiting religious tolerance and not interfering in the religious matters of the country.
These are the features of the declaration of the British Queen in 1858.
Class 10 Social Science The First War of Indian Independence (1857) Additional Questions and Answers
II. Fill in the blanks with suitable words:
The First War Of Indian Independence 1857 Class 10 Notes Question 1.
Due to the development of ……….. in England, the Indian handicrafts and industries diminished.
The First War Of Independence 1857 Question And Answer Question 2.
………….guns were provided to soldiers by the British.
First War Of Independence 1857 Notes Pdf Question 3.
In the Freedom Struggle, Indian soldiers declared the Mughal King …………. as the emperor of India.
Bahadur Shah II
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Question 4.
…………… provided leadership to the revolt.
Jhansi, Rani Laxmibai.
The First War Of Indian Independence 1857 Question Answer Question 5.
In the year 1858, Britain queen declared …………..
First War Of Indian Independence KSEEB Question 6.
In 1857 freedom struggle, ……………. helped Nana Saheb.
III. Two Marks Questions
KSEEB 10 Social Solutions Question 1.
Who was Laxrni Bai? What was her role in the 1857 revolt?
Laxmi Bai was Queen of Jhansi
- Rani Laxmi Bai who was angered by the Doctrine of lapse declared war on the British.
- She captured Gwalior
- She died a heroic death while battling the British in another battle.
KSEEB Solutions Class 10 Social Science Question 2.
Which were the administrative reasons for the Sepoy revolt?
- The British brought in many civil and criminal laws.
- There were lot of partialities
- English became the language of the court.
- English judges gave judgment in favor of the English.
All Subject KSEEB Solutions For Class 10
I think you got complete solutions for this chapter. If You have any queries regarding this chapter, please comment on the below section our subject teacher will answer you. We tried our best to give complete solutions so you got good marks in your exam.
If these solutions have helped you, you can also share kseebsolutionsfor.com to your friends.
Best of Luck!!