In this chapter, we provide KSEEB SSLC Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 1 Advent of Europeans to India for English medium students, Which will very helpful for every student in their exams. Students can download the latest KSEEB SSLC Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 1 Advent of Europeans to India pdf, free KSEEB SSLC Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 1 Advent of Europeans to India pdf download. Now you will get step by step solution to each question.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 1 Advent of Europeans to India
Class 10 Social Science Advent of Europeans to India Textual Questions and Answers
I. Complete the following blanks with suitable answers :
KSEEB SSLC Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 1 Advent of Europeans to India
Advent Of Europeans To India Notes Question 1.
In 1453, the Ottoman Turks occupied …………. city.
Advent Of European To India Class 10 Pdf Question 2.
The sea route between India and Europe was discovered by …………
Advent Of European To India Notes Pdf Question 3.
The capital of French in India was ……….
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science Question 4.
In 1757, Robert live declared …….. war over Siraj-ud-Daula.
Advent Of European To India Class 10 Notes Pdf Question 5.
The Dewani rights over Bengal were handed over to British by ……….
Advent Of European To India Class 10 Notes Question 6.
The dual government policy was implemented by …….. in Bengal.
II. Discuss in a group and answer the following Questions:
The Advent Of Europe To India Notes Question 1.
How did trade take place between India and Europe during the middle ages?
The Arab merchants carried the Asian Merchandise into Constantinople of Eastern Roman (Byzantium) Empire. Italian merchants would buy these goods and then sell in European countries. There was a great demand for Indian spices like pepper, cardamom, Ginger and many other spices in Europe. Like this, Constantinople was the center of international business and considered as the ‘Gate of European Trade’, while Arab merchants had gained a monopoly over the trade in Europe, the merchandise from Asia had brought good profits to Italian merchants.
Advent Of European To India Questions And Answers Question 2.
Discuss the reasons that resulted in the discovery of a new sea route to India?
The trade and commerce between Asia and Europe were taking place through the city of Constantinople. In 1453, the Ottoman Turks captured the city of Constantinople. As a result all the trade routes connecting the city of Constantinople came under the control of Turks. The Turks started levying too many taxes on the goods passing through these roptes. As a result, the merchants felt that the trade was not profitable. Meanwhile, Spain and Portugal were attempting to break the monopoly of Italian traders. They started encouraging courageous sailors to find a sea route to India. The invention of Compass, Astrolabes, and Gunpowder provided further impetus to this venture.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Question 3.
Make a list of the Europeans who arrived at India to do business?
- Portuguese: Portuguese were the first to arrive at India for the trade and were also the last to leave India on the sea route.
- Dutch : Dutch are from Holland or Netherlands. They established United East India Company in 1602 with tie aim of doing business with eastern countries and entered countries like india, Java, Sumatra, Indonesia and Spices rich islands.
- English: In 1600, December 31, Queen Elizabeth issued a royal charter authorizing East India Company to trade with Eastern Countries for fifteen years.
- French: French East India Company started as a government-owned company in 1664. It started its first factory in Surat in the year 1668. In this way Portuguese, Dutch, English and French were the Europeans who arrived at India to do business.
Advent Of Europeans To India Questions And Answers Question 4.
Explain the Second Carnatic War?
In the changed circumstances, French made Salabath Jung, another son of AsafJha as the Nizam of Hyderabad. An officer named Bussi was stationed in Hyderabad for his protection by French. In Carnatic Chandsaheb was the Nawab with the help of French. Robert Clive of East India Company attacked Arcot, the capital city of Carnatic and defeated Chandsaheb. Chandsaheb was imprisoned and later killed in this war. In the place of Chandsaheb, the English named Mahammad Ali, the son of Anwaruddin, as the Nawab of Carnatic. The second Carnatic war ended with the Treaty of Pondicherry. French recalled Dupleix. This war brought laurels to English, while French suffered a political setback.
Advent Of European To India Pdf Question 5.
State the reasons and results of Plassey war?
Battle of Plassey (1757):Aliwardi Khan, the Nawab of Bengal died in 1756. His grandson Siraj-ud-Daula came to throne. The Plassey Battle took place between the young Nawab Siraj-ud-Daula and the British in 1757.
- Misuse of Dastakaths: Siraj-ud- Daula was furious that the Dastakaths were misused by the officials of the company incurring losses to the government treasury.
- Mending of the fort without permission: The British repaired the fort of Calcutta and placed canons in them. This further angered Siraj- ud-Daula and he ordered the removal of canons from the court. The British refused to do this angering the Nawab further.
- Black Room Tragedy: Siraj-ud- Daula conquered the Fort William easily and imprisoned some of the British. He imprisoned 146 Englishmen in a small room in the fort, of which 123 died. This is called as the Black Room Tragedy. This enraged Robert Clive and arrived in Bengal with a large army.
- This war brought out the immorality, lack of unity among the Indians and the greed of Indian businessmen.
- Mir Jaffar became the Nawab of Bengal.
- The company gained exclusive rights to do business in-Bengal.
- Mir Jaffar had to pay rupees seventeen qorner and seventy lakh to as a relief to Sirja-ud-Daula’s attack on the Fort William.
- The British projected Mir Jaffar as an inefficient Nawab and brought in his nephew Mir Qasim as the new Nawab.
Advent Of Europeans To India Class 10 Question 6.
What were the results of the Battle of Buxar?
The combined forces of Mir Qasim faced the British army led by Hector Munro at Buxar in 1764. Mir Qasim got defeated and ran away from the battlefield. Sha Alam-II surrendered. The efforts of the combined forces to stop the British force failed completely.
- Sha Alam-II accorded the Dewani rights over Bengal to the British.
- Sha Alam-II gave away all the rights over Bengal to the British for an annual fee of rupees 26 lakhs.
- The Nawab of Awadh had to give away a fine of rupees 50 lakh for waging a war against the company.
- With the death of Mir Jaffar, the company paid pension to his son and took over the entire administration of Bengal.
Class 10 Social Science Advent of Europeans to India Additional Questions and Answers
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Question 1.
Dutch establish ……… company.
United East India.
Advent Of European To India Notes Question 2.
The Mughul Emperor ………… issued royal permission to English to establish their first warehouse of the factory at Surat.
Advent Of Europeans To India Question And Answer Question 3.
English had established……….,…….. and ….. as the centres of their Presidencies.
Bombay, Madras, and Calcutta.
Advent Of Europeans To India Solutions Question 4.
French started their first factory insured in the year ………..
KSEEB Solutions Class 10 Social Science Question 5.
The Hyderabad Kingdom was established in 1724 by ……..
Advent Of Europeans To India Question 6.
Between English and French …….. Carnatic wars took place.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science Kannada Medium Question 7.
Shah Alam-II accorded the ………… rights over Bengal to the British
Advent Of European To India Class 10 Question 8.
English started their first warehouse of a factory at ………
10th Social Science Notes Pdf Question 9.
Robert Clive brought in …….. concept.
KSEEB 10 Social Solutions Question 10.
Nasir Jung defeated French and took …….
All Chapter KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science
All Subject KSEEB Solutions For Class 10
I think you got complete solutions for this chapter. If You have any queries regarding this chapter, please comment on the below section our subject teacher will answer you. We tried our best to give complete solutions so you got good marks in your exam.
If these solutions have helped you, you can also share kseebsolutionsfor.com to your friends.
Best of Luck!!