In this chapter, we provide KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Geography Solutions Chapter 9 Indian Transport and Communication for English medium students, Which will very helpful for every student in their exams. Students can download the latest KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Geography Solutions Chapter 9 Indian Transport and Communication pdf, free KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Geography Solutions Chapter 9 Indian Transport and Communication pdf download. Now you will get step by step solution to each question.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 Geography Solutions Chapter 9 Indian Transport and Communication
Class 10 Social Science Indian Transport and Communication Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable answers.
For the development of villages and agriculture in India ………… means of transport is essential.
The first railway line in India was laid between …………… and ………….
Bombay (Mumbai), Thane.
Mumbai port is called as …………..
Bengaluru International Airport is called …………..
Kempegowda International Air port, Bengaluru.
The newspaper Bombay Samachar was started in ………….
II. Answer the following after discussing them in groups.
Define Transport and Communication.
- Transport: Movement of goods, service and passengers from one place to another is called Transport.
- Communication: Conveyance of messages from one person to another or from one place to another is called communication.
Explain Golden Quadrilateral and Super Highways.
- The golden quadrilateral is a project with 4 to 6 lane roads.
- It was started in 1999,
- This highway network connect major cities as well as cultural and industrial centres of the country,
- It links Delhi – Jaipur – Ahmedabad – Surat – Mumbai – Pune – Bengaluru – Chennai – Visakhapatnam – Bhubaneshwar -Kolkata – Allahabad – Kanpur – Delhi.
- The super highways are divided into two divison
- The north-south corridor which runs from Srinagar to Kanyakumari
- The east – west corridor which runs from Silchar in Assam to Porbandar in Gujarat.
- The construction and maintenance of these roads is under the control of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
Give an account of Railways in India.
Railway Transport: Railways are the other important mode of land transport. They are very useful to carry heavy goods and large number of passengers over a long distance. They play a vital role in the development of agriculture, industry and economy of India. They help to expand trade and tourism. In India the railways were constructed during the British period for convenient transport of raw materials and the movement of army from one place to another. The first railway line was laid between Bombay and Thane in 1853, followed by Kolkata to Raniganj (1854), Chennai to Arkonam (1864). Then gradually developed in other parts of the country. The railways are divided into 16 zones for the purpose of efficient management. Many steps are taken to provide comfortable and safe railway travel.
Explain briefly the importance of Transport in India.
Transport plays a very important roles in the development of all factors of human activities namely the primary sector, the secondary sector and the tertiary sector. It is said that “If agriculture and industries are the body and bones of a national organism, transport and communications are the nerves”. Efficient and cheap means of transport helps to develop resources, agriculture, promotes industrial progress, widen the market, increases internal and external trade, provides employment, raises the income and standard of living of the people, encourages tourism and helps defence.
Write a note on Airways in India.
Air transport is the quickest means of transport. It is a very efficient to carry passengers and mail. On the times of emergencies like war, floods, earthquakes, air transport is very useful. India is a vast country and has all the favourable factors for the development of air transport.
There are two separate corporations for operational purpose. They are:
- Air India International which provides services between India and various other countries.
- Indian Airlines which operates within the country and also connects neighbouring countries.
Mention the different types of communication in India.
The different types of communication in India are broadly divided into two categories:
- Personal and
- Mass Communication. Letters (Post), Telephone, Telegram, Fax, E-mail, Internet, Seminar, Conference etc. are personal communications. Newspaper, Radio, Television, Magazines and Books come under mass media.
Class 10 Social Science Indian Transport and Communication Additional Questions and Answers
Roads can be constructed in …………. and ………..
forest hilly regions.
………….. is in charge of District Roads.
Prime Minister’s …………….. is taken up to convert mudroads into metalloid roads.
Grama Sadak Yojana.
…………. under taken the construction and maintenance of State Highways.
The State Public Works Department.
In India …………. ports are there.
Pipelines are laid ………….. the earth’s surface
Roads which are especially used for defence purpose are called …………..
Waterways can be divided into …………. and …………..
Inland waterways, Ocean waterways.
The construction and maintenance of Border roads comes under …………
Border Roads Development Authority.
New Mangaluru known as …………..
The Gateway of Karnataka.
Port on the Coast of Kerala is called ………….
“The queen of the Arabian sea’.
India has ……………. designated International Airports.
Gujarati language newspaper ……………… is the oldest and still existing newspaper in India.
Bombay Samachar (Now Mumbai Samachar).
The broadcasting was started under the name of Doordarshan (DD) at Delhi in …………
Aerial and Satellite photos are taken through …………..
Multiple Choice Questions
The aim of “Grama Sadak Yojana” is
a) To convert mud roads into the metaled road
b) To connect village roads to district roads
c) To maintain the village roads
d) To increase metal roads
a) To convert mud roads into the metaled road
The main aim of Border roads construction is
a) To protect the nations in border
b) To supply the weapons to army
c) Useful to border industries.
d) uses for defence purpose
d) uses for defence purpose
The biggest, most spacious and well-sheltered port is
a) Jawaharlal Nehru Port
b) New Mangaluru
The oldest newspaper in India is
a) Bombay Samachar
b) Mangalore Samachar
c) Hindustan Samachar
d) Hindu Patriots
a) Bombay Samachar
One Mark Questions
Which are border roads?
Roads in border areas, which are specially used for defense purposes, are called “Border roads”.
Write the meaning of ports.
They are meeting points between land and sea routes where ships are docked for loading and unloading.
What is communication?
Conveyance of messages from one person to another or from one place to another is called “Communication”.
Write the function of CPWD?
CPWD means The Central Public Works department.
Function: Construction and maintenance of the National Highway.
Which is the longest pipeline in India?
The Hazira – Bijapura – Jagadishpur gas pipeline is the longest pipeline (2300 kms) in India.
Which is the largest terminal port in southeast Asia?
name the two separate corporations of Air transport of India?
- Air India Internationals
- Indian Airlines
Mention the two types of Communication
- Personal Communication
- Mass Communication
Which is the oldest newspaper of India?
Bombay Samachar – 1822 (Gujarati Language)
Which is the main work of GIS?
GIS is a computer-based system which can accumulate and Internet data on the Earth’s surface.
Two Mark Questions
Write the different types of Transport system.
There are three types of transport system
a) Land transport :- Roads, Railways, Pipelines.
b) Water transport :- Inland waterways, Ocean transport
c) Airways :- National airways, International airways.
Write the classification of roads on the basis of construction?
On the basis of construction and maintenance roads are classified into five types :-
- Golden quadrilateral and super highways.
- National Highways
- State Highways
- District roads
- Village roads
Write the importance of Railway transport.
- Railways are the other important mode of land transport.
- They are very useful to carry heavy goods and large number of passengers over a long distance.
- They play a vital role in the development of agriculture, industry and economy of India.
- They help to expand trade and tourism.
Name the two type of water transport.
Waterways can be divided into two types
- Inland waterways:- Rivers, lakes, backwaters, and canals are the inland waterways.
- Ocean waterways:- Water transport through seas and oceans form ocean waterways.
Write the postal services.
This is one of the most important communication system that existed since a long time in India.
- Post office provides many services such as carrying letters, packets, parcels, money order etc from one place to another.
- They also provided savings bank facilities issuing national savings certificates etc
Three Mark Questions
Write the importance of Transport system in Indian economy
- Transport plays a very important roles in the development of all factors of human activities namely the primary sector, the secondary sector.
- It is said that “If agriculture and industries are the body and bones of a national organism, transport and communications are the nerves”:
- Efficient and cheap means of transport lielps to develop resources, agriculture, promotes industrial progress, widen the market, increases internal and external trade, provide employınent, raises that income and standard of living of the people, encourages tourism and helps defence.
Which are the important international airports of India?
- Indira Gandhi International Airport – Delhi
- Chatrapathi Shivaji International Airport – Mumbai
- Netaji Subash Chandra Bose International Airport – Kolkata
- Anna International Airport – Chennai
- Kempegowda International Airport – Bengaluru
- Rajeev Gandhi International Airport – Hyderabad
- Sri Guru Ramdas Jee International Airport – Amritsar
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport – Guwahati.
- Biju Patnaik International Airport – Bhubaneshwar
- Saradar Vallabhai Patel International Airport – Ahmedabad
- Veer Savarkar International Airport – Portblair
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport – Nagpur . Zaruki International Airport – Shillong
- Lal Bahadur Shasthri International Airport – Varanasi
Write a note on satallites and computer works in Indian economy.
The Geographical Information System (GIS), Global Positioning System (GPS), and Remote Sensing Technology have been developed in India.
- GIS is a computer based system which can accumulate and Internet data on the Earth’s surface.
- The GPS indicates the location of a stationary or moving object or person through pointing out the latitude and longitude and height above sea level.
- The remote sensing technology collects information regarding the Earth’s surface.
- It gathers information about the distance between two objects without touching the objects. Aerial and satellite photos are taken through remote sensing.
All Chapter KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science
All Subject KSEEB Solutions For Class 10
I think you got complete solutions for this chapter. If You have any queries regarding this chapter, please comment on the below section our subject teacher will answer you. We tried our best to give complete solutions so you got good marks in your exam.
If these solutions have helped you, you can also share kseebsolutionsfor.com to your friends.
Best of Luck!!