In this chapter, we provide KSEEB SSLC Class 10 English Vocabulary for English medium students, Which will very helpful for every student in their exams. Students can download the latest KSEEB SSLC Class 10 English Vocabulary pdf, free KSEEB SSLC Class 10 English Vocabulary pdf download. Now you will get step by step solution to each question.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 English Vocabulary
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 English Vocabulary
Combine the word in column A with its collocative word in column B:
- Curly – hair, journey, man, fight
- Fast – shower, rain, meal, train
- Quick – food, shower, bus, drink
- Huge – pen, crime, fever, profit
- Heavy – talk, furniture, smoker, joke
- Pay – attention, food, bus, woman
- Juicy – juice, novel, vegetable, chocolate
- Lengthy – car, meeting, aeroplane, building
- Great – tree, picture, detail, dog
- Strong – love, food, weather, coffee
- Beautiful – car, girl, boy, computer
- Seriously – well, poor, sleeping, ill
- Binding – force, book, pen, man
- Mechanical – car, chair, life, door
- Vast – ocean, sand, tree, road
- Handsome – girl, man, cat, flower
- Deafening – noise, song, race, silence
- Achieve – knowledge, success, marks, money
- Ride – bicycle, car, train, plane
- Cute – novel, child, plant, building
- Melodious – song, story, book, girl
- Key – lock, door, table, issue
- Bright – colour, book, car, tree
- Major – food, journey, work, problem
- Happily – married, sleeping, reading, running
- Deeply – courageous, concerned, developed, successful
- Bitterly – disappointed, tasty, hot, angry
- Highly – tired, successful, grateful, exhausted
- Sentimental – prestige, price, value, expense
- Sharp – turn, scale, gun, smell
- Spectacular – song, view, teacher, writer
- Lose – patience, loan, train, thinking
- Striking – man, gun, resemblance, rod
- Eradicate – poverty, taxes, violence, forests
- Widespread – smell, damage, picture, tree
- Speedy – recovery, train, music, talk
- Hasty – song, decision, escape, message
- Swift – action, escape, dance, habit
- Delicate – book, cat, subject, move
- Exciting – race, talk, dance, food
- Remarkable – song, failure, flower, achievement
- Unforgettable – experience, car, book, lunch
- Fond – sweet, cake, memories, person
- Sensitive – plant, skin, leg, look
- Popular – belief, iourney, hair, flower
- Tough – food, choice, teacher, sun
- Burning – rain, road, desire, food
- Deep – hatred, plate, stomach, box
- Harsh – behaviour, criticism, food, dog
- Bright – future, car, story, song
- Earth – land, water, quake, sun
- Charming – hot, answer, man, girl
- Speedy – payment, attack, progress, recovery
- Wrinkled – pen, face, stick, hair
- Table – bag, salt, paper, chair
- Lay – attention, notice, emphasis, order
- Land – lord, boundary, size, soil
- Book – binder, pages, size, worm
- Blood – bank,
- Self – character, colour, discipline, end
- Wheel – car, chair, stool, tool
- Leave – question, answer, box, letter
- Shake – legs, hands, fingers, ears
- Mouth – licking, drinking, watering, eating
- Make – money, homework, house, business
- Brisk – run, walk, sing, dance
- Torac – Actor
- Eociv – Voice
- Fmslye – Myself
- Ealspe – Asleep, Elapse, Please
- Raelyl – Really
- Nntesiiegr – Interesting
- Rtdooc – Doctor
- Vtineionn – Invention
- Ehniorgbu – Neighbour
- Hyngru – Hungry
- Eleps – Sleep
- Eonrufldw – Wonderful, Underflow
- Gtvheyienr – Everything
- Anrel – Learn
- Dfcituilf – Difficult
- Retest – Tester, Retest, Setter, Street
- Orfeeb – Before
- Oocdrt – Doctor
- Easimkt – Mistake
- Ihmenstgo – Something
- Gteradhu – Daughter
- Nsrteag – Strange
- Ktesmai – Mistake
- Doogeyb – Goodbye
- Wllipo – Pillow
- Opttao – Potato
- Obetlt – Bottle
- Cuierqa – Acquire
- Crotcualal – Calculator
- Rminoto – Monitor
- Lapen – Panel, Penal, Plane
- Gmoan – Mango, Among
- Lsoacmosr – Classroom
- Rotpoin – Portion
- Epharcus – Purchase
- Gunyrh – Hungry
- Erletxna – External
- Tndoeneit – Detention
- Oggrsoeu – Gorgeous
- Itiznce – Citizen
- Egagar – Garage
- Inentca – Ancient
- Ccayaipt – Capacity
- Atrtcat – Attract
- Cciarurl – Circular
- Depeerc – Precede
- Sndicuot – Discount
- Ovaprdpe – Approved
- Maebelss – Assemble
- Aellalrp – Parallel
- Rreor – Error
- Beknoc – Beckon
- Sotaliry – Solitary
- Uirpcte – Picture
- Ceaep – Peace.
Identify the number of syllables in each of these words:
A syllable is a word or a word segment that is pronounced as a single sound. Some words have one syllable (like cat, dog, fish, and walk). Some words have two syllables (like apple, orange, and walking). Some words have three syllables (like syllable, important, and excellent). Some words have more.
Words with one syllable:
Cake, eat, cheese, grass, sat, lap, let, red, dress, desk, web, bill, with, slip, rock, stop, hot, cop, duck, cup, mud, rush, life, world, one, you, day, heart, near, board, rich, king, ring, eye, soul, five, month, sing, death, green, pain, laugh, tree, scarce, once, work, mouth, watch, school, faith, key, smile, rock, hard, long, light, blue, leaf, peace, ago, she, etc.
Words with two syllables:
Act-or, art-ist, luck-y, loud-er, bas-ket, ar-row, af-ter, of-fice, pen-cil, pic-nic, dev-il, for-est, sleep-y, cry-ing, lem-on, en-joy, love-ly, un-fair, hap-pen, prob-lem, men-u, met-al, stu-pid, ta ble, to-tal, u-nite, va-cant, vi-rus, ma-jor, med-al, lim-it, sil-ly, hab-it, ro-tate, ze-ro, la-dy, le-gal, pur-ple, sen-tence, fool-ish, etc.
Words with three syllables:
sep-tem-ber, de-part-ment, te-le-phone, ca-me-ra, sa-tur-day, vi-ta-min, dif-fi-cult, hos-pit-al, of-fi-cer, de-tec-tive, pro-fess-or, re-dun-dant, al-co-hol, at-mo-sphere, cal-ci-um, ca-ta-lyst, di-a-gram, for-mu-la, fre-quen-cy, fre-quent-ly, ne-ga-tive, ni-tro-gen, or bi tal, ox-y-gen, phy-si-cal, po-si-tive, struc-tu-ral, tem-pera-ture, etc.
Words with four or more syllables:
Kin-der-gar-ten, in-for-ma-tion, ja-nu-ar-y, A-mer-i-can, di-sco-ver-y, col-lab-or-ation, com-ple-men-tary, con-cen-tra-tion, de-lib-er-ate-ly, de-mon-stra-tion, ef-fect-ive-ly, in-stal- la-tion, un-in-ten-tion-al, im-mor-tal-ity, en-light-en-ment, dis-in-te-grate, as-ton-ish-ment, etc.
Which one of these words has two syllables?
English, determine, adventure, probable.
Which one of these words has three syllables?
Canteen, Vanish, People, Reflection.
Which word has two syllables?
ball, car, love, kilo.
Which one of these words has only one syllable?
Ago, school, survey, topper.
Which one of these words has two syllables?
Table, television, student, ear.
Homophones are two or more words that sound alike but that are spelled differently and have different meanings.
Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words:
- Our lunch _________ is at one o’clock. (break/brake)
- I ________ do it if I could. (wood/would)
- My things are very _________ to me. (dear/deer)
- He ______ English at Maharaja College. (taught/taut)
- I have not ________ him for years. (seen/scene)
- She has not __________ from her son for a long time. (heard/herd)
- Pour ________ water into the jug. (some/sum)
- It was an interesting _________ . (story/storey)
- The news is _______ good to be true. (to/too)
- Students have to obtain a no ___________ certificate from the library. (dew/due)
- You are not allowed to ________ western dresses at college. (were/wear)
- I went to the bakery to buy some ________ . (bred/bread)
- He was __________ sure when the classes would begin. (not/knot)
- He could ________ a dog barking. (hear/here)
- Where did the dog _______ the bone? (bury/berry)
- Roses are ________ all over the world. (grown/groan)
- He has blisters on his ________ . (feat/feet)
- Will you _______ me at the airport? (meet/meat)
- I am on leave for a __________ . (week/weak)
- You __________ happy. (seem/seam)
- There is no _________ for you to come tomorrow. (need/knead)
- The birds were sitting on the _______ of a tree, (bough/bow)
- These animals come out only at _______ (night/knight)
- The ________ has been pleasant during this month, (whether/weather)
- The lotus is the most beautiful __________ (flower/flour)
- Japan is known as the land of the rising _________ (son/sun)
- He was not sure whether he would be able to repay the _______ (lone/loan).
- He had ________ (been/bean) to Mysuru to purchase a site.
- The whole class was made to stay back for an ________ (hour/our)
- I won the match despite some _________ (pane/pain) in my ankle.
- He wants a loan to __________(by/buy) a house.
- It is likely to _________ (reign/rain) for some time this evening.
- Time and tide wait for _________ (none/nun).
- His son does not _________ (no/know) how to write a letter.
- One must _________ what one preaches, (practice/practise)
- He was too poor to afford even the _________ necessities of life, (bare/bear)
- The play is a tragedy in which the hero does not ________ at the end. (die/dye)
- The fishermen ________ their nets into the sea. (cast/caste)
- The team was __________ on winning the world cup. (complemented/complimented)
- His mother asked him to ___________ to her regularly, (right/write)
- After retiring from service. he started ________ business. (stationery/stationary)
- The blind cannot ________ (sea/see)
- The windows are made of ________ (steal/steel)
- I will ___________ the stock tomorrow. (cheque/check)
- We have the _________ selling rights of this brand of clothing, (sole/soul)
- She gave _________ to a girl baby. (berth/birth)
- They ___________ me to enter the room. (aloud/allowed)
- We were ____________ into confusion due to the riots in the city. (throne/thrown)
- He ___________ the dog to a pole. (tide/tied)
- Please give me a small __________ of paper (piece/peace)
- He tried to catch up with the rest of the competitors in the race but in _________(vain/vein)
- I have made a number of mistakes. (maid/made)
- The __________ of the tree is very strong. (route/root)
Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words:
- We are not ________ to read _______ in the library. (aloud, allowed)
- The police ________ the driver as he could not __________ his car documents. (find, fined)
- Did you ________ the little bird that sang _______ ? (hear, here)
- Do ________ tie the ropes with a __________ (not, knot)
- The police __________ the thief hiding behind a ________ (cot, caught)
- Don’t fight over this broken _________ of furniture but live together in __________ (peace, piece)
- Every day we play for an ________ in ________ garden. (hour, our)
- I ________ dinner at __________ o’clock. (ate, eight)
- I will _________ on the _________ side of this notebook. (right, write)
- He is still ________ after he fell sick last _______ (weak, week)
- Ramesh ________ the bicycle on the busy __________ (road, rode)
- Sit ________ and _______ the soft music played on the piano, (here, hear)
- He must eat healthy food and then __________ to gain ___________ (wait, weight)
- He ran _________ feet to see the black _________ that had come on to the street. (bear, bare)
- I _________ like to sit on a stool made of (wood, would)
- His pet dog smells with his ________ and ________ that Suresh has come. (nose, knows)
- If we go to the shop, do you want _______ come _______ ? (to, too)
- The harmful ________ of cigarettes will ultimately _________ your health. (affect, effect)
- You will _______ your dog if you let him ___________ in the city. Goose, lose)
- “I would you to visit Maths.com,” said the teacher. “It offers some great _________” (advise, advice)
- The doctor plans to medicine in Mysore and hopes to build up quite a good ________ (practise, practice)
- allowed, aloud
- fined, find
- hear, here
- not, knot
- caught, cot
- piece, peace
- hour, our
- ate, eight
- write, right
- weak, week
- rode, road
- here, hear
- wait, weight
- bare, bear
- would, wood
- nose, knows
- to, too
- effect, affect
- lose, loose
- advise, advice
- practise, practice.
Rearrange the given jumbled words into meaningful sentences:
1. flesh of house-breakers the Swami one had bitten district into the notorious of the most of.
Swami had bitten into the flesh of one of the most notorious house-breakers of the district.
2. until he asked family to around Roma’s arrived Baleshwar hang
He asked Baleshwar to hang around until Roma’s family arrived.
3. old it took of understanding negotiation to an with the man to months come
It took months of negotiation to come to an understanding with the old man.
4. family was a great about of rain there and his deal conversation
There was a great deal of conversation about rain and his family.
5. moved a later Rio en Medio my had month into friends
A month later my friends had moved into Rio en Medio.
6. monsters the three guarded bird of was said to by old happiness be
The bird of happiness was said to be guarded by three o}d monsters.
7. poor again place the suffered people in hardships that never
The people in that poor place never suffered hardships again.
8. came suddenly hurried a daring to her she home thought and
Suddenly a daring thought came to her and she hurried home.
9. irons the rest first to spend shall the of the night in man move
The first man to move shall spend the rest of the night in irons.
10. hiking there when father had an he with his been accident went
There had been an accident when he went hiking with his father.
11. for opened it if a out whole him was as world
It was as if a whole world opened out for him.
12. powers agreement to willing come the nuclear were to an three
The three nuclear powers were willing to come to an agreement.
13. his parcel boy in a large the newspaper-covered with in staggered hands
The boy staggered in with a large newspaper-covered parcel in his hands.
14. Everester the from understand above is that only an will view something
The view from above is something that only an Everester will understand.
Fill in the blanks using the correct prefix to make the opposites of the words underlined:
- Raju is regular to school, but his friend Ramesh is __________ (irregular)
- Venu’s transaction was legal in all aspects but his friends’ was __________ (illegal)
- He used to be an active kid, but he has become quite __________ now. (inactive)
- Venu is happy because he came first in the running race. But Ravi is __________ because he lost the race. (unhappy)
- Pepe obeyed Columbus, but the seamen __________ him. (disobeyed)
- Most of the statements are true, but a few are __________ (untrue)
- I just can’t believe it! The story is __________ (unbelievable)
- I was willing to help him but he was __________ to accept my help. (unwilling)
- Venkatesh was pleased with the gift, but Raksha was __________ (displeased)
- Some parts are separable from the whole and some are __________ (inseparable)
- Raghavendra was very polite to the saleswomen, while Sudhindra was __________ (impolite)
- Ramachandra did not handle the case properly. We never expected him to __________ it. (mishandle)
- The company supplies standard products, while the local products are __________ (substandard)
- The rice is cooked well but the vegetables are __________ (undercooked)
- He should have turned it in the clockwise direction, but he turned it __________ by mistake. (anti-clockwise)
One word Substitution:
Give one word for the following:
- Speak in a very unkind way – sneer
- An angry look or expression – scowl
- Say something not clearly enough – mumble
- To make movements with hands and arms – gesticulate
- To breathe in a noisy way – snore
- Move somewhere quietly and secretly – slunk
- Cover oneself closely – encase
- Lower the body close to the ground – crouch
- A frightening dream – nightmare
- Do something with no hope – desperately
- One who travels into a city to work each day – commuter
- Do something without thinking – impulsively
- Run very fast – sprint
- A stitch that is used to sew a wound together – suture
- unusual and attractive especially in an old fashioned way – quaint
- A small narrow stream or river – creek
- A piece of land in which fruit trees are grown – orchard
- A very large farm – ranch
- A group of people related to family that existed long ago – descendants
- Look at things fixedly for a long time – stare
- Very eager for knowledge – voracious
- That which cannot be satisfied – insatiable
- Make something better – ameliorate
- Liable to change rapidly – volatile
- Too satisfied with oneself – complacent
- Feeling or showing happiness and enthusiasm – excited
- A feeling of great pleasure – enchantment
- A person who is specially good at something – wizard
- Threads in a piece of cloth starting to come apart – fray
- The state of being alone – solitude
- High deck at the end of a ship – poop
- To frighten or surprise suddenly – startle
- To break apart – shatter
- To make a rapid succession of short sharp noises – rattle
- Large turbulent waves moving towards land – breakers
- Something that one enjoys during leisure time – pastime
- The art of producing beautiful handwriting – calligraphy
- A feeling of friendship when people work together – camaraderie
- Knowledge or information about a subject – lore
- Part of the spacecraft that separates from the main rocket – capsule
- Walk or move unsteadily – stagger
- Condition of being lost in dreamy, pleasant thoughts – reverie
- Pull or drag roughly with much effort – lug
- A soldier who dies for the sake of his country – martyr
- A person who is interested in his ow^n thoughts – introvert
- An area of small loose stones, especially on a mountain – scree
- The bottom surface of the foot – sole
- Filled with strong emotion – overwhelmed
- Having no limit – boundless
- A great performer, especially a musician – maestro
- A violent storm – tempest
- To talk in a slow voice – whisper
- A man to whom a woman is engaged to be married – fiance
- A person who loves his country – patriot
All Chapter KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 English
All Subject KSEEB Solutions For Class 10
I think you got complete solutions for this chapter. If You have any queries regarding this chapter, please comment on the below section our subject teacher will answer you. We tried our best to give complete solutions so you got good marks in your exam.
If these solutions have helped you, you can also share kseebsolutionsfor.com to your friends.
Best of Luck!!